Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Joe MacGown's Surreal and Semi Strange Visions opens tomorrow night at 6 pm, Starkville, MS

Yes, show, tomorrow, my weird art, 6-8 pm reception at the Mississippi Modern Homesteading Center in Starkville, MS. If you can't make it, it will be up from 15 May through 15 July 2014, but the hours when the center is open are irregular. I recommend you come tomorrow. Plus, tomorrow we will have wine and food. And, oh yeah, I will be there tomorrow! Yay. 

I have about 23 framed originals with prices ranging from $250 to $11,000 in this show.  I also have archival prints of many works, including some that will not be in this exhibition, for sale with prices ranging from a few dollars to about $55 for larger color prints. I will have a limited number of copies of my new art book available for sale as well (check or cash only). The book is 96 pages, 8.5 X 11 inches, soft cover, and with glossy interior pages. Price: $40. Filled with loads of art! I also have hard back copies of this book available online for $64.51. You can purchase this version of the book and see a preview of the cover and inside of this book athttp://www.blurb.com/b/5265025-subconscious-meandering. 

Directions to the Homesteading Center from Starkville: Go West on Hwy 12 past Wal-mart. Fork right at the Shell Station onto New Lite Rd or Old Hwy 12. Go 1.4 miles and turn right on Ridgewood Rd. At first fork go left onto Lake Valley Rd. At second fork go right. Homestead is 2nd drive on right across from Lake Valley Gun Works.

Thanks to Alison Buehler and Jessica Cheek for giving me the opportunity to have this local exhibition at the Mississippi Modern Homesteading Center, and thanks to Chalet Arts for all the framing and other awesome stuff they have done for me for this show and others. Without Mark Wood, Lorie Wood, Alan Fortenberry, and the rest of the crew at Chalet Arts, I could not display my trippy art for you weirdo art lovers. 

Anyway, got the show hung today. Its kind of a weird venue, being in a former house, so you have to work around windows, furniture, etc., but it looks pretty good. Lighting is not optimal, but I think you will be able to see everything without any trouble. Here are a few pictures to give you a preview of what to expect. 














No comments: