Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Surreal Visions of Joe MacGown Exhibition opening today (Jan. 25) at 5:30 PM

My one man show "Surreal Visions of Joe MacGown" open tonight at the  Gumtree Museum of Art located on Main Street in Tupelo, Mississippi. The opening reception will be held from 5:30 to 7:00  PM tonight (January 25th).  Local Starkville duo "Two Parts Sugar" comprised of Caleb Hutson and Holley Rumbarger will perform their groovy music during the reception, wine and refreshments will be served, and about 30 trippy original pieces of my art will be on display for your viewing pleasure. 




 If you can't make the opening, the show will be up from January 25 through March 24. Gallery hours are 10 AM to 4 PM on Tuesdays through Fridays and on other days by appointment. 



Thanks to the Gumtree Museum of Art Director Belle Naugher for inviting me to show my art, thanks to the McCullough family and  Chalet Arts of Starkville for sponsoring the show, thanks to Two Parts Sugar for agreeing to perform during the reception, and thanks to my son Joseph MacGown for providing music for the video of my art (see video below). 







No comments: